The t-shirt design selected by the Tennessee Executive Council will become the official SkillsUSA Tennessee Secondary State t-shirt for the state conference. The winning artist will be recognized at the SkillsUSA Tennessee State Leadership and Skills Conference during the awards session. The student will also represent Tennessee in June at the National Leadership and Skills Conference as the gold medalist from our State T-Shirt Design Contest.
- Preferably, entries will be created in a design software package such as Illustrator, Photoshop, or other comparable software. Entries may also be hand-drawn, painted, or rendered in colored pencils or markers.
- Designs must be received in the state office no later than December 15th. Late arrivals will not be considered.
- All designs must be submitted by student SkillsUSA members.
- Designs must include the word SkillsUSA, the year of the next national conference, and either the name Tennessee, TN, or the state’s shape. Parts of the SkillsUSA emblem may be incorporated; however, the emblem’s “exact individual parts” or the emblem in its entirety may NOT be used due to copyright rules. Use of the word SkillsUSA must follow the graphic standards as published by national SkillsUSA organization.
- Designs may wish to incorporate the National SkillsUSA theme for this year; however, this is not a requirement. The phrase “Birthplace of SkillsUSA” can also be included, but it is optional.
- Designs entries must be submitted by printing design on 8.5 by 11 inch card stock.
- Printed entries for state pin design must be mailed to SkillsUSA Tennessee, 710 James Robertson Parkway, Andrew Johnson Tower, 11th Floor, Nashville, TN 37243. Please include cover letter with student designer’s name, school, address, advisor’s name, and email address for each design entry.
- An electronic submission of the design MUST also be submitted by email to the state director. The electronic submission must be in png AND Photoshop eps formats. Please include the student designer’s name, school, address, advisor’s name, and email address in body of the email.
- All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
All submissions become the property of SkillsUSA Tennessee Secondary Association, and will not be returned. Submitting a design indicates that SkillsUSA Tennessee Secondary has the right to reproduce that design or one similar in any media chosen. It further means that SkillsUSA Tennessee Secondary has the right to modify the design as necessary to facilitate production.